CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > C1/C2 GENERATION CORVETTES
> Solid Axle and Mid-Years Forum

Old 12-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #1
CHAINSHOT
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Location: Calhoun, GA Cause there's a man right behind me doing his best to slow me down.
CHAINSHOT is on his way to becoming very cool!
1960's Drag Racing Pics

Not mine...found while surfing teh www.

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/g...sky/?start=all
CHAINSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:37 AM   #2
hirevsjoe
Valley Wine Connoisseur

hirevsjoe is someone that I want to treat for dinner and dessert.hirevsjoe is someone that I want to treat for dinner and dessert.
Great Pictures!!! So real incredible shots.
hirevsjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 04:23 AM   #3
Plastic Pig
Valley Misanthrope

Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
nice link
“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...”

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Plastic Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
vettemaker
Valley Wine Connoisseur

vettemaker is someone that you can invite over to your house.
Great shots!! Thanks
vettemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:20 AM   #5
911velocity
Valley Wine Connoisseur

911velocity is on his way to becoming very cool!
Check this link out.

http://gassermadness.com/msp/index.html

Gerry
911velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
Injected StingRay
Valley Winetaster

Injected StingRay is someone that you can enjoy a glass of wine with.
My Gasser Experience
In the mid sixties my dad painted a lot of custom cars and bikes on the side. One car inparticular, the one that hooked me a Corvettes for life was a 63 Split window. The car was being painted for Autorama a couple days before the show. Well the guy painting it screwed it up so my dad ends up painting the car all night long the day before the show to help out his friend. The car won first place in it's class. This car was the baddest thing I ever saw.

That summer we went to Motorcity Dragway to watch him run it. Well they had over head trees back then and he stood the car straight up , caught the tree and brought it down. The hole place went nut's.

This was burned into the memory of a six year old kid. Fast forward to 2007. I'm at work and this guy comes up and offers me a shoebox full of old pics from the 60s/70s knowing I like nostalgia stuff. I look threw the box and I find this pic. I emailed it to my dad thinking it was the car and he confirmed it. That's how a picture of my earliest car memory found me. Here is the pic.
In Memory of Dave Smith. Long live Gassers
Injected StingRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #7
Dan Dlabay
Valley Zephead

Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.
Thanks for sharing. The 50's,60's,and 70's was the time of real sportsman drag racing. I still miss modified eliminator. The sight and sound of small block Chevys being taken to 10,000 rpm and then popping the clutch was the best.
Dan Dlabay is offline   Reply With Quote