CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > THIRD GENERATION CORVETTES
> Third Generation Technical and Performance Forum

Old 02-17-2008, 01:29 AM   #1
Shark79
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Shark79 is someone that you can invite over to your house.
'Sealing' my polished aluminum manifold

Help! I was all set to Zoop Seal my new Edelbrock polished air-gap manifold this weekend with my Zoop Seal kit,but when I opened the box it seems I waited too long.Most of the required liquid components within have solidified and/or dried up.No auto parts place I called within 30 miles has it.So,in case you havent heard of it,Zoop Seal supposedly stops oxidation & reduces maint. for up to 2 years. Are there any suggestions on any other comparible product I can use? I spose I could just spray it down with clear coat,but would that hold up on an engine air intake manifold?
Shark79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:50 AM   #2
vetrod62
Hard Core Racer, Drinker, Winner, and A-hole

vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark79
Help! I was all set to Zoop Seal my new Edelbrock polished air-gap manifold this weekend with my Zoop Seal kit,but when I opened the box it seems I waited too long.Most of the required liquid components within have solidified and/or dried up.No auto parts place I called within 30 miles has it.So,in case you havent heard of it,Zoop Seal supposedly stops oxidation & reduces maint. for up to 2 years. Are there any suggestions on any other comparible product I can use? I spose I could just spray it down with clear coat,but would that hold up on an engine air intake manifold?
I have lots of polished parts on my cars. I re-polish every 2 years when they start to dull. So how does the Zoop seal Work any better if it works for only 2 years? If you clear coat it, It will peel. Do not wax. Just bite the bullet and re-polish when needed. If you wanted maintenance free, you should have ordered Permastar or EnduraShine finishes. If you have not installed it yet, see if you can exchange it.
How would you like to polish all this?
vetrod62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
Shark79
Valley Wine Connoisseur

[QUOTE=vetrod62]I have lots of polished parts on my cars. I re-polish every 2 years when they start to dull. So how does the Zoop seal Work any better if it works for only 2 years? If you clear coat it, It will peel. Do not wax. Just bite the bullet and re-polish when needed. If you wanted maintenance free, you should have ordered Permastar or EnduraShine finishes. If you have not installed it yet, see if you can exchange it.
How would you like to polish all this?
Thats just it! I'm getting lazyer, & more into any maint. saving tricks I can in my 'old age'.That,and my back problems arent getting any better.I was originally heading towards Endurashine,but was talked out of it by a fellow local Corvette club member & mechanic,who said that it actually does stain & its harder to clean at that point than just polished is.To be able to get to everything,as you probly know,I would have to dissasemble everything...and I am no mechanic , That engine compartment of yours looks great! I figured it was about time I paid some more attention to mine! I really only have a polished alternator,ceramic headers,polished tall flamed valve covers, & aluminum radiator w/ dual electric fans,until now
Old 02-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
gmjunkie
Valley Moonshiner

gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
I use Boeshield T-9 !! Works great on about everything metal!!

http://www.theruststore.com/Boeshiel...FSUwlgodlG7y4A
Old 02-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
Shark79
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie
I use Boeshield T-9 !! Works great on about everything metal!!

http://www.theruststore.com/Boeshiel...FSUwlgodlG7y4A
Sounjds good,except for this-> "dries to a thin waxy film"
Old 02-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
c6d
Valley's Rabid Dog

c6d is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.c6d is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.c6d is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.c6d is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.c6d is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.c6d is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.
Polish & Seal

For us lazy 'ol tired of being there, doing that...

http://gordspolishsa.com/

C'ya
D
c6d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:35 PM   #7
gmjunkie
Valley Moonshiner

gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark79
Sounjds good,except for this-> "dries to a thin waxy film"
It's a Thin Film,I wipe the stuff down several times while it's drying!!The stuff that Dann posted, Looks to me Like the Bomb though!!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:53 AM   #8
Shark79
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie
It's a Thin Film,I wipe the stuff down several times while it's drying!!The stuff that Dann posted, Looks to me Like the Bomb though!!

I did just order some of that Gords stuff.Probly wont get it for awhile