CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > THIRD GENERATION CORVETTES
> Third Generation General Discussion Forum

Old 07-24-2012, 03:54 AM   #1
Norm
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Norm is on his way to becoming very cool!
Need Input, Good, Bad, or Indifferent

Thinking about making an offer on '82, owner wants 18K, at best, it's clean, runs decent, looks good, interior is excellent, clocked 32K.

As you can see, has one of the uglyest, hard to make pretty engine compartments of all time. Cross fire, yuk.........however, it does have a minor inherent oil leak, which I can live with, cheap replacement radio, will make offer of 13K.

Fire retardent suit is on..........

"Thank You For Your Service"

Last edited by Norm; 07-24-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #2
Trophy Blue
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Trophy Blue is just one cool mother to hang out with.Trophy Blue is just one cool mother to hang out with.Trophy Blue is just one cool mother to hang out with.Trophy Blue is just one cool mother to hang out with.Trophy Blue is just one cool mother to hang out with.
There are plenty of them for sale. I would not go more than $15,000.00.
Trophy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
70skid
Valley Wine Connoisseur

70skid has a spectacular aura about him.70skid has a spectacular aura about him.70skid has a spectacular aura about him.
I like that exterior color. Looks clean!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
Sarge
Winemaster's Club Supporting Member

Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Clean. Color is great. Always liked the body style although it's a dog power wise. Be cool to cruise in. Do it.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
redwing76
Banned

redwing76 is someone I would let drive my corvette.redwing76 is someone I would let drive my corvette.redwing76 is someone I would let drive my corvette.redwing76 is someone I would let drive my corvette.
Wrong color........and it needs paint.
I'd keep looking, $5k for paint.....and that's only the beginning. On a car that old low miles means nothing, except for resale....if you plan on keeping it or driving it those low miles will come back to bite you in the butt.
Please keep in mind that I'm very/extremely opinionated.
My nephew just bought a 75 convrt, 104k miles for $10,500.
It needs everything but an engine and trans. Its worth after an infusion of another $10k
about $20k.......

I like the 1980 in red or black in restored condition with all receipts. A fully restored car will cost you about $15 to $20K.
A 30 year old car needs to restored.......look for a restored car or a hot rod that has about $25,000 in it and offer $15k
There's nothing special about an 82,,,,,,,nothing!
redwing76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
grapeknutz
Valley Wine Connoisseur

grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.
Very nice!! It would be a great to drop in a LS engine it those! love the C3s do it get it!
The oil leak most probably a rear main leak as they used a two piece seal pain in the a$$, I did a lot of those when I worked at chevy dealers

Last edited by grapeknutz; 07-24-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added more junk
grapeknutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
redwing76
Banned

redwing76 is someone I would let drive my corvette.redwing76 is someone I would let drive my corvette.redwing76 is someone I would let drive my corvette.redwing76 is someone I would let drive my corvette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeknutz View Post
Very nice!! It would be a great to drop in a LS engine it those! love the C3s do it get it!
The oil leak most probably a rear main leak as they used a two piece seal pain in the a$$, I did a lot of those when I worked at chevy dealers
What you had a real job? Amazing..........
Old 07-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
redwing76
Banned

Try craigslist I fnd a 82 CE 27K MLS FOR $8950
A 82 48K MLS $9950
A 78 PACE CAR FLA 8K MLS FOR $12,500
Old 07-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #9
grapeknutz
Valley Wine Connoisseur

grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing76 View Post
What you had a real job? Amazing..........
Yeah and I was a pain in the a$$ to my supervisors and I also bailed out their a$$es when the goofed up!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
Norm
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Norm is on his way to becoming very cool!
Owner declined my offer, which I had expected. Will continue my quest for a decent C3.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

"Thank You For Your Service"
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote