CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > THIRD GENERATION CORVETTES
> Third Generation General Discussion Forum

Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #1
70skid
Valley Wine Connoisseur

70skid has a spectacular aura about him.70skid has a spectacular aura about him.70skid has a spectacular aura about him.
stripped a lic plate screw hole

Dammit. I over tightened a lic plate screw tonight and stripped the vinyl opening to where it's a loose as a...oh never mind.
Whats the best way to patch it so it's functional again? A little bondo in the hole? Some sort of goopy epoxy that hardens a bit? Help me obi wan kenobis...

Wondering if a standard drywall molly would do the trick.

Last edited by 70skid; 03-16-2012 at 11:04 AM.
70skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #2
SoLow
Valley Wine Connoisseur

SoLow is someone that I want to treat for dinner and dessert.SoLow is someone that I want to treat for dinner and dessert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70skid View Post

Dammit. I over tightened a lic plate screw tonight and stripped the vinyl opening to where it's a loose as a...oh never mind.
Whats the best way to patch it so it's functional again? A little bonds in the hole? Some sort of goopy epoxy that hardens a bit? Help me obi wan kenobis...

Wondering if a standard drywall molly would do the trick.
New ones at the auto parts store are about $1.00
SoLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #3
JonM
Valley Bartender

JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...
What a woman really wants...everything and nothing at the same time, but the only difference is what their emotions tells them they want, which will change to something else, which will change back after they feel regret for not choosing something else or passing other things up.
POTATO JUICE IS EVIL...
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #4
Norm
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Norm is on his way to becoming very cool!
Stick a couple wooden tooth picks in the hole, see if it grabs, temporary fix.

"Thank You For Your Service"
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Sarge
Winemaster's Club Supporting Member

Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Google: Liquid plastic / sealant.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
TopLess62
Master Corvette Image Inspector

TopLess62 is a glorious beacon of light.TopLess62 is a glorious beacon of light.TopLess62 is a glorious beacon of light.TopLess62 is a glorious beacon of light.TopLess62 is a glorious beacon of light.
3/8th toggle bolt aught to do ya!

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!

TopLess62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
70skid
Valley Wine Connoisseur

70skid has a spectacular aura about him.70skid has a spectacular aura about him.70skid has a spectacular aura about him.
Options options! Thx!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
70skid
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLow View Post
New ones at the auto parts store are about $1.00
I should have specified...this is in the front, in the rubber bumper material. Those cost more than a buck to replace LOL
Old 03-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
Sarge
Winemaster's Club Supporting Member

Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70skid View Post
I should have specified...this is in the front, in the rubber bumper material. Those cost more than a buck to replace LOL
That's what I figured. There is something out there made by Loktite or JB Weld thats a liquid plastic that will harden. Just can't remember.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
Stingraykev
Shade Tree Mechanic

Stingraykev deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Stingraykev deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Stingraykev deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Stingraykev deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Stingraykev deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Stingraykev deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
That's what I figured. There is something out there made by Loktite or JB Weld thats a liquid plastic that will harden. Just can't remember.
Sarge I believe that it's time to trade it in on a new GS vert...

Kev...

SAVE THE WAVE

<a href=http://www.corvettevalley.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=219&dateline=1357307628 target=_blank>http://www.corvettevalley.com/image....ine=1357307628</a>

"For the good old American life: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money."
!!!
Stingraykev is online now   Reply With Quote