CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > C1/C2 GENERATION CORVETTES
> Solid Axle and Mid-Years Forum

Old 11-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #5841
vetrod62
Hard Core Racer, Drinker, Winner, and A-hole

vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevsjoe View Post
Well per Vetrod's rules, it has to be the OWNER of the car for it to count.
For someone who likes to quote the rules, you should read them first.

Section I, Paragraph 5.

" 5. Manual transmission, clutch needed for all gears. "

Section I, paragraph 12.

" 12. Switching engines with other members is Ok. Driver gets win.
Switching drivers with other members is OK. Driver gets win
. "

Yes Joe, this year will a better year. And our cars will be legal, not like Spastic Plastic's highly illegal car.

BTW, your little birdie's report is not accurate.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #5842
Rowdy1
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Rowdy1 is someone that I want to treat for dinner and dessert.Rowdy1 is someone that I want to treat for dinner and dessert.
Wait?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetrod62 View Post
You will have to wait to see who.
That's all we been doing is WAITING......

Best To Date 10.09ET 131.50MPH 1.35 60' Pro Class Winner .000RT
Rowdy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:51 AM   #5843
vetrod62

vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy1 View Post
That's all we been doing is WAITING......
The wait will be over in the Spring!!!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #5844
hirevsjoe
Valley Wine Connoisseur

hirevsjoe has a spectacular aura about him.hirevsjoe has a spectacular aura about him.

Trans can be built one of two ways. Clutches or clutch assisted. Ours is not only a assisted trans,but also a remanufactured used piece. Our car is low dollar and couldn't afford to buy the good one. There is less money in our car then you've made Code spend in poor choices of engine and brake upgrades! Now as far as being "highly illegal", I'm still waiting for a good explanation. Cam? Yes the book lists it as "race". The short block in the car has been to Texas TWICE and has more street miles on it then both your cars and Codes combined. No radio? Car has factory radio delete plate. That was an option, just like you said with your 4.30 gears (which actually weren't an option)! No soft-top? Also an option, but now none of the three cars have one. No exhaust system? Ok you got us there, but if need be we have it sitting in the shop. We through it on the car because at least one of the MANY events we go to require it. Unlike the one track day your car sees every other year. But I guess Butch and Code get rules over looked and grandfathered in because they are on your team and slower then you. I guess do grandfathered for a one car team? As for you driving the car, that will work fine. I seem to remember you getting tired after two runs last time out.

All kidding aside, we look forward to a start of a new spring, the return of our good friend Bitch and plenty more great times with The NJO.

OH and this bitch! Ain't going nowhere!!

hirevsjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:39 PM   #5845
vetrod62

So when I come up to your place, we can go for a drive and we can slowly up shift and down shift, right???

And then there is the carburetor........

Quick Fuel carbs.

METHANOL carbs (BLUE)

E-85 carbs (GREEN)

GASOLINE carbs (RED)

YOUR carb. (BLUE)

Old 11-15-2014, 12:46 AM   #5846
hirevsjoe
Valley Wine Connoisseur

hirevsjoe has a spectacular aura about him.hirevsjoe has a spectacular aura about him.
Any day you want to come up and go for a ride you just let us know. I've driven Butch's car and this one. Up shifting AND down shifting are more then capable. As for the carb. As for the carb, I can do nothing but laugh. Your argument is over the anodizing on it? You bring five gallons of the ----tiest NJ 87 octane gas (which the car has gone around you more then once on) and pour it in and will go for a ride. Alky carbs won't run on gas cause everything is jetted bigger. Pray we never switch this car over to alcohol! 10.50's become 9.80's real fast. And for the record, the first two years this motor was in the car, it had the FACTORY ORIGINAL 3/8 fuel line. The only reason we went bigger is just incase we ever wanted to throw a 125hp-150hp kit at it. Oh that's right, we'd be breaking the rules.

Let's see...
"Street car" gears? Vetrod 4.30 w/ 26" tire, Butch 4.56 w/ 28" tire, Code 4.56 w/ 28" tire and Mike 4.10 w/ 28" tire.

Most actual street miles on car? Butch, Mike, Code (before Vetrod worked on it) and Vetrod.

Rules "Grandfathered" or over looked for Team Vetrod?
-Vetrod's not NHRA legal tech
-Vetrod's no soft top
-Butch's Pro-shifted trans
-Codes 434 cubic inch engine
-Codes Ladder bar rear suspension
-Codes mini-tubs
-Codes altered wheel base
-Codes no soft top

Rules "Grandfathered" or over looked for for Team Pig?
........ Guess I'll let you know when the first one comes along.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:55 AM   #5847
vetrod62

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevsjoe View Post
Any day you want to come up and go for a ride you just let us know. I've driven Butch's car and this one. Up shifting AND down shifting are more then capable. As for the carb. As for the carb, I can do nothing but laugh. Your argument is over the anodizing on it? You bring five gallons of the ----tiest NJ 87 octane gas (which the car has gone around you more then once on) and pour it in and will go for a ride. Alky carbs won't run on gas cause everything is jetted bigger. Pray we never switch this car over to alcohol! 10.50's become 9.80's real fast. And for the record, the first two years this motor was in the car, it had the FACTORY ORIGINAL 3/8 fuel line. The only reason we went bigger is just incase we ever wanted to throw a 125hp-150hp kit at it. Oh that's right, we'd be breaking the rules.

Let's see...
"Street car" gears? Vetrod 4.30 w/ 26" tire, Butch 4.56 w/ 28" tire, Code 4.56 w/ 28" tire and Mike 4.10 w/ 28" tire.

Most actual street miles on car? Butch, Mike, Code (before Vetrod worked on it) and Vetrod.

Rules "Grandfathered" or over looked for Team Vetrod?
-Vetrod's not NHRA legal tech
-Vetrod's no soft top
-Butch's Pro-shifted trans
-Codes 434 cubic inch engine
-Codes Ladder bar rear suspension
-Codes mini-tubs
-Codes altered wheel base
-Codes no soft top

Rules "Grandfathered" or over looked for for Team Pig?
........ Guess I'll let you know when the first one comes along.
Ok, Mr Rules. Here we go, Deja Vu all over again. Team Pig posts dumb stuff and I bury it. Team Pig gets mad and stops posting.

For todays lesson. Yes, I will look forward to a ride in the Spastic car to evaluate the transmission.

The issue with the carb, take it up with Quick Fuel, that is direct from their web site. They say blue is Alky, not me. Yours to disprove.

Mr Rule man, once again , you must read the rules. (I am assuming that people in Shohola Pa. can read.) More from the Rules.

Section I
1. The cars shall generally follow late 60s Modified Production rules, similar to the cars we drove daily back then.
Those rules included: Stock type suspension, full interior, Traction devices are encouraged for safety reasons, Slicks allowed, Open headers allowed, but must have full exhaust.

So your list of Grandfathered rules is BS. Where does the claim of altered wheel base come from. No way to that without cutting the dogleg behind the door ?? So Code has a ladder bar set up. big deal, my stock suspension is faster in the 60 foot. So where is the advantage??
Old 11-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #5848
hirevsjoe
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Lol, well first things first. No one got mad and stopped posting. I take this all as fun between all of us friends. I hope nobody ever takes this to heart or ever looks at it as more then ball busting good times. Now that that's out of the way, let's see if I can clear up a some stuff.

Yes, I can't argue the fact that quick fuel says blue carbs are alky. A simple bowl drain will disprove the fuel the car runs on.

As for the section of rules you posted, let's check.
Stock type suspension? The one the car left the factory with
Full interior? Every piece with extra tach and gauges
Traction device? Competition Engineering slapper bars
Open headers? Headman fenderwell
Full exhaust system? Nope not on the car.

So out of the whole list there, the only rule we are not in compliance with is having an exhaust system? Now,let's be real and honest here. We use this car to drag race all year. Do we drive it on the street? Yes to local cruise night's we do. But to hang a full exhaust under the car for this one event is not only foulish, but unsafe.

Now as far as my list of grandfathered rules being BS, show me one that's wrong! They are all facts. You say no way to alter the wheel base without cutting the dog leg. You are absolutely right. That's the problem with having your rivals work on your cars. I've been up close working on his car. That front dog leg has been modified. Take a nice good look at it.

The point isn't that Codes suspension or any of the other things I've listened is an advantage. The point is Butch has a pro shifted trans, it's not an issue. We have a face plated trans, we are cheats. Codes engine is oversized, but grandfathered in. Our engine was in Bob's car EXACTLY the same as it is now, not a word about it. The rules clearly say switching engines is allowed, so we installed it in our car, we are cheats. You wrote the rules, not a single word about cam size, we are cheats. The rules say "based on Modified Production rules", but then late say "like we had as daily drivers and street raced at night". Modified Production was a race car! Not only did they use race cams, but they used some of the trickiest to get by the rules. BOB daily drove that engine for years and put 50,000 miles on it. As for street racing, show me a street racer who didn't put the biggest cam he could in his car!

Listen, the important thing to remember in all of this is that we need to all get together more often and get back to enjoying these cars. I truly hope this is the year Butch makes his comeback. I'd love to see Codes car make a bunch of passes, regardless of how far behind Spastic he is! Hell I'd even like to see your car screaming down the track. We're dead a long god damn time!
Old 11-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #5849
hirevsjoe
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Oh yeah, I forgot. Lou Sucks!!!
Old 11-20-2014, 03:29 AM   #5850
vetrod62

Why does Lou Suck???? He is top notch in our books. He was there back then, doing the drinking and racing thing, not like you "want to be's"

I have to find more time to discredit your arguments. Like , maybe 2/3 hours, for so many dumbass remarks. Later.