CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > SPECIALTY CORVETTE FORUMS
> Corvette Z06 Forum

Old 08-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
Tommyg
Valley Newb

Tommyg is someone that you can enjoy a glass of wine with.
HPDE question

Hey guys. I am ready to upgrade my DE car and I am seriously considering a 2006 / 2007 Z06. For the past 3 years I have been running a porsche carrera 911. It is a track car - suspension, brakes, seats, roll bar are done and the car handles great but I am ready to step it up. Whatever I buy I plan to keep it for a long time and I am considering either a GT3 or the Z06. What do I need to do to this car to get it tweeked for the track - I assume coilovers, heavier sway bars, brakes, seats and roll bar. What are your experiences with this car on the track. Any information will be helpfull.
Thanks
Tom
Tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
shmidtd
Valley Winetaster

shmidtd is someone that you can enjoy a glass of wine with.
Although I don't have any track experience to pull from, I can suggest you research the new GT2 Corvettes. They are closer to stock than the older GT1 cars used to be and in their 2nd race they were eliminating the Porsche's as competition. Besides what you mentioned the only other thing I have heard to be questionable is the stock brakes. As in questionable, I mean they have room for improvement for track applications.

Sorry I couldn't help any more, but researching the GT2 Vette's should provide a wealth of topic specific useful knowledge.
#75 of 2025 Z06/Z16
Cam, CAI, Intake, Long Tubes, HFC's, Bullets, 3.90 making 410 on the ground
shmidtd is offline   Reply With Quote