CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > FIFTH GENERATION CORVETTES
> Fifth Generation General Discussion Forum

Old 10-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
Sarge
Winemaster's Club Supporting Member

Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Calling Junk

Need your brain man. This has happened 3 times over as many years. Service ABS and Traction Control warning comes up on the C5. Did it on the way home yesterday. Every time it's happened I turn the car off and it won't come back up again for a long while. I've heard the EBCM causes this. GM is proud of them. I'll check for codes in the AM. Any idea's or pointers would be appreciated. I've heard a company called ABS Fixer will take care of this if I pull and ship the module to them.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Plastic Pig
Valley Misanthrope

Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Need your brain man. This has happened 3 times over as many years. Service ABS and Traction Control warning comes up on the C5. Did it on the way home yesterday. Every time it's happened I turn the car off and it won't come back up again for a long while. I've heard the EBCM causes this. GM is proud of them. I'll check for codes in the AM. Any idea's or pointers would be appreciated. I've heard a company called ABS Fixer will take care of this if I pull and ship the module to them.
I would pull your codes first. More likely a wheel speed sensor than the puter. Check the connections and wires and make sure the clips holding them on are tight. clear the codes and drive. Pull the codes if it happens again.
“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...”

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Plastic Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
Sarge

Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Pig View Post
I would pull your codes first. More likely a wheel speed sensor than the puter. Check the connections and wires and make sure the clips holding them on are tight. clear the codes and drive. Pull the codes if it happens again.
Roger that. I shall find out in the morning. Seems a common C5 problem after looking at the other forums.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
Plastic Pig
Valley Misanthrope

Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Quote:
Roger that. I shall find out in the morning. Seems a common C5 problem after looking at the other forums.
I had it with my car too. At the time, I time I had neither the time nor the inclination to work on it myself, so I left it to others that replaced the puter' and ABS unit to no avail. I finally spent the time and it was the RR speed sensor causing it.
“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...”

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Plastic Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
gmjunkie
Valley Moonshiner

gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Sorry I missed this...................

Check out this link>>>>>>>> http://www.corvettevalley.com/search...earchid=374948

Old 10-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
Sarge

I went out Saturday and hooked my scanner up and no codes. Then ran a self test from the DIC and no codes. Drove the car Sunday morning without any problems. I'm starting to think I let it sit to long at times and a weak battery or alternator is starting to break down. I'll check voltages this weekend.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
gmjunkie
Valley Moonshiner

gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Quote:
I went out Saturday and hooked my scanner up and no codes. Then ran a self test from the DIC and no codes. Drove the car Sunday morning without any problems. I'm starting to think I let it sit to long at times and a weak battery or alternator is starting to break down. I'll check voltages this weekend.
If it's not leaving anything in the history,Clean and Inspect ALL grounds and B+ connections before the column lock phucks up!~!!
You'll be glad you did!~!!!

Old 10-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
If it's not leaving anything in the history,Clean and Inspect ALL grounds and B+ connections before the column lock phucks up!~!!
You'll be glad you did!~!!!

I never got the damn service manuals on this one junk. I think the grounds behind the headlight buckets are the 2 that are tied into the EBCM.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
gmjunkie
Valley Moonshiner

Quote:
I never got the damn service manuals on this one junk. I think the grounds behind the headlight buckets are the 2 that are tied into the EBCM.
Yes,and 1 under the battery on the frame,There may be 1 under the brake booster on the frame too,my 03 has one I don't know about yours!

I can fix you up with the manual on your PC if I'd I ever get that way again!