CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > FIFTH GENERATION CORVETTES
> Fifth Generation General Discussion Forum

Old 03-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
Speedie
Gold Valley Supporting Member

Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Tech Day: Climate display repair

It's FINALLY fixed!!

As opposed to taking my C5 to a stealership to repair the so-dim-I-couldn't-see-the-readings climate display, one of the guys in our club hosted a tech day today. He had the same problem with his C5 and after finding a thread on another forum, he decided to give it a shot.

Off we go.........

We (yes, WE) disassembled the console, then removed the climate control circuit board. Next came the resoldering of a few connection...then reassemble the dash & console.....VOILA!!!!!!!!!! It works!!!!

No, I didn't get pictures of the process. I forgot to take a camera.

It only took a couple of hours, and saved me several hundred bucks....not to mention the fun we had hanging out with some great Vette people. Next weekend is a club roadtrip and a track weekend at Road Atlanta.

HELLO, SPRING!

GOOD-BYE, WINTER!
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
vette boy
Valley's White Goose and PeePee Checker

vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
It's FINALLY fixed!!

As opposed to taking my C5 to a stealership to repair the so-dim-I-couldn't-see-the-readings climate display, one of the guys in our club hosted a tech day today. He had the same problem with his C5 and after finding a thread on another forum, he decided to give it a shot.

Off we go.........

We (yes, WE) disassembled the console, then removed the climate control circuit board. Next came the resoldering of a few connection...then reassemble the dash & console.....VOILA!!!!!!!!!! It works!!!!

No, I didn't get pictures of the process. I forgot to take a camera.

It only took a couple of hours, and saved me several hundred bucks....not to mention the fun we had hanging out with some great Vette people. Next weekend is a club roadtrip and a track weekend at Road Atlanta.

HELLO, SPRING!

GOOD-BYE, WINTER!
So after you get fired you'll be able to move to Old Fort and get a job
vette boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
Speedie

Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette boy View Post
So after you get fired you'll be able to move to Old Fort and get a job

Haha!

The surveys were submitted anonymously.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
vette boy
Valley's White Goose and PeePee Checker

vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.
Quote:
Haha!

The surveys were submitted anonymously.
But she had to have known it was you .Who else??
vette boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
KOPBET
Valley Bartender and Agent Provocateur

KOPBET has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...KOPBET has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...KOPBET has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...KOPBET has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...KOPBET has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...KOPBET has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...KOPBET has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...KOPBET has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...
Quote:
.....VOILA!!!!!!!!!! It works!!!!

Good to hear you got it .

Old 03-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
Speedie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette boy View Post
But she had to have known it was you .Who else??
Numerous others.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
Toms94
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Toms94 is someone that you can enjoy a glass of wine with.
Sure glad you got it Speedie. Mine does not have that problem yet, but I think it's just a matter of time.

Toms94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #8
gmjunkie
Valley Moonshiner

gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms94 View Post
Sure glad you got it Speedie. Mine does not have that problem yet, but I think it's just a matter of time.
When you need it Tom,I'll walk you through it!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0303 (Small).JPG (59.9 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0305 (Small).JPG (55.5 KB, 82 views)
Old 03-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
Toms94
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Toms94 is someone that you can enjoy a glass of wine with.
Thanks Jesse.

Toms94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #10
Speedie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms94 View Post
Thanks. It wasn't as complicated as I thought it would be.

Mine started with a slow (very slow) fade, and then it went out completely very quickly. It's realllly nice to have it back. Yeah, I know, it's not that big of a deal, but when you're spoiled....you're spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
When you need it Tom,I'll walk you through it!!

Yup. That's it.