CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > C1/C2 GENERATION CORVETTES
> Gearheaders Club Room

Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 AM   #1
Plastic Pig
Valley Misanthrope

Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Plastic Pig deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Wild ride for Force.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...78529&n8pe6c=2

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson
Plastic Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:46 AM   #2
Speedie
Gold Valley Supporting Member

Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
I read about it a few minutes ago. He took a wild ride, but it sounds like he's gonna be okay.

Prayers for Team Force.
Speedie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:12 AM   #3
grapeknutz
Valley Wine Connoisseur

grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.
The car just came apart when the tire let go!!!! The is the worst drag crash I have ever seen. This looks like a career ender.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:13 AM   #4
Wishuwerehere82
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Wishuwerehere82 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Wishuwerehere82 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Wishuwerehere82 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Wishuwerehere82 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Wishuwerehere82 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Wishuwerehere82 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Wishuwerehere82 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
If Bernsteen hadn't hit the barrier and knocked it under Forces car, that wouldn't have happened. Kenny was all over the strip. Too bad for Force. I thought he was retiring and handing over the wheel to his daughter.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:00 AM   #5
WhiTe SharK
The Valley Shark

WhiTe SharK is just one cool mother to hang out with.WhiTe SharK is just one cool mother to hang out with.WhiTe SharK is just one cool mother to hang out with.WhiTe SharK is just one cool mother to hang out with.WhiTe SharK is just one cool mother to hang out with.
daaaaaaaaymn !! wow i dont want to be in his place

ClCk HR T S My SharK
WhiTe SharK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:12 AM   #6
Rowdy1
Valley Wine Connoisseur

Rowdy1 is someone that I want to treat for dinner and dessert.Rowdy1 is someone that I want to treat for dinner and dessert.
Down But NOT Out!!!

Having met John and sharing a it'll take more than this to put him out. There have been more horrific crashes, obviously with more devastating results in the past, Eric Medlin from John's team earlier this year. These cars are designed to go 4.5 seconds at 315 MPH plus in a 1/4 mile from a standing start, but MORE than that, they are also driver friendly. Watch the video a few times, the car did EXACTLY what its supposed to do. John Force, a little rough around the edges but he IS NHRA and put it back on the map of where it is today. My $.02

Best To Date 10.09ET 131.50MPH 1.35 60' Pro Class Winner .000RT
Rowdy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:20 AM   #7
Speedie

Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy1
....the car did EXACTLY what its supposed to do. John Force, a little rough around the edges but he IS NHRA and put it back on the map of where it is today. My $.02
Speedie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:23 AM   #8
ctjackster

ctjackster is someone that is fun to party with and drink champagne with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishuwerehere82
If Bernsteen hadn't hit the barrier and knocked it under Forces car, that wouldn't have happened. Kenny was all over the strip. Too bad for Force.
kinda how I saw it too . . . . but not to lay blame, cars get loose at the strip, and it's not like NASCAR where drivers actually rub you right into a wreck, on purpose
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #9
grapeknutz
Valley Wine Connoisseur

grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.grapeknutz is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy1
Having met John and sharing a it'll take more than this to put him out. There have been more horrific crashes, obviously with more devastating results in the past, Eric Medlin from John's team earlier this year. These cars are designed to go 4.5 seconds at 315 MPH plus in a 1/4 mile from a standing start, but MORE than that, they are also driver friendly. Watch the video a few times, the car did EXACTLY what its supposed to do. John Force, a little rough around the edges but he IS NHRA and put it back on the map of where it is today. My $.02
I have watch video and IMHO that car came apart way TOO EASY...having said that the axel housing should have been designed to rip away instead of the frame at the engine plate with the driver legs exposed. The chain of event were unfortunate and I think the frame failed with the tire explosion. Force was damned lucky on this one!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
Dan Dlabay
Valley Zephead

Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Dan Dlabay is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.
I have met John several times. He really knows how to treat the fan. He now says that he will race in the final 2 races. He is a true racer and he just might do it. He is the best and knows how to promote the sport of drag racing.
Dan Dlabay is offline   Reply With Quote