CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > C1/C2 GENERATION CORVETTES
> Gearheaders Club Room

Old 09-15-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
ctjackster
Gold Valley Supporting Member

ctjackster is someone that is fun to party with and drink champagne with.
well, it's a 65 and a GM car

buh-bye to the nice 65 Chevelle, driver John Wilson supposedly walks away:

65 Chevelle wadded
Old 09-15-2007, 02:10 AM   #2
gmjunkie
Valley Moonshiner

gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.gmjunkie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Holy Phuck!!! I bet his Shorts has Skid Marks Too!!
Old 09-15-2007, 02:32 AM   #3
hirevsjoe
Valley Wine Connoisseur

hirevsjoe has a spectacular aura about him.hirevsjoe has a spectacular aura about him.
Now that was a scary ride.
hirevsjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:19 AM   #4
vetrod62
Hard Core Racer, Drinker, Winner, and A-hole

vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.
That is why I run those nice wide radials up front. I have driven my friends blown 66 with 3" fronts and the lag time when correcting is scary!
vetrod62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:00 AM   #5
Injected StingRay
Valley Winetaster

Injected StingRay is someone that you can enjoy a glass of wine with.
The vid poster wondered about insurance rates ? well no worry there....... he's not covered at the track.

Not that i'm an expert driving a drag car but a quick lift on the loud pedal usually ends up bad. I saw a guy roll a slick equipped streetcar at 25MPH at a cruise night with a hundred people watching.
Injected StingRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:29 AM   #6
JonM
Valley Bartender

JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...JonM has a low tolerance for FAKES & LIARS, be careful...
Ladies and gentalmen...we have an anomaly....
What a woman really wants...everything and nothing at the same time, but the only difference is what their emotions tells them they want, which will change to something else, which will change back after they feel regret for not choosing something else or passing other things up.
POTATO JUICE IS EVIL...
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #7
vetrod62
Hard Core Racer, Drinker, Winner, and A-hole

vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.vetrod62 is someone I would let drive my corvette.
Not that i'm an expert driving a drag car but a quick lift on the loud pedal usually ends up bad. I saw a guy roll a slick equipped streetcar at 25MPH at a cruise night with a hundred people watching.[/QUOTE]

Not quite true. When driving a car that can quickly and excessively over power the traction, you must make corrections within hundreds of a second, literally.( more likely a reflex from lots of experience) If not the inertia will be impossible to overcome. In the video shown, He lifted way too late, he should have sensed that his wheel speed was way in excess of his real speed. Combine that with front tires that are useless for any thing less than going straight, you have disaster. Just because he lifted, his wheel speed still needed about a 1.5 seconds to slow down.
As for the example you in your quote, I would guess that at the time he lifted, the tires had no traction and the car was rotating side ways. Lifting only compounded the situation by now allowing the slicks to gain traction with the car now going sideways, griping, and therefore flipping it.
vetrod62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
Parrot Z51
Move Over, I'm Driving!

Parrot Z51 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Parrot Z51 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Parrot Z51 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Parrot Z51 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Parrot Z51 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Parrot Z51 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Parrot Z51 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Parrot Z51 deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Amazing how those what I thought piece of $hit guard rails held up nicely and most likely saved his life!!!!!!!!!

Parrot Z51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #9
ctjackster

ctjackster is someone that is fun to party with and drink champagne with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetrod62
As for the example you in your quote, I would guess that at the time he lifted, the tires had no traction and the car was rotating side ways. Lifting only compounded the situation by now allowing the slicks to gain traction with the car now going sideways, griping, and therefore flipping it.
oddly similar to the "high-side" phenomena with motorcycles - where you are leaned over in a hard turn, the rear end loses grip and starts to slide out, the operator chops the throttle, the rear tire then hooks back up, just after it had started to go sideways, meaning the bike "stands up" suddenly, and the rider ends up getting popped up and over the top of the bike (the "high side" vs simply washing the bike out and the rider simply dropping the last few inches to the pavement on the "low side"). The solution in motorcycling is also similar - don't chop the throttle as much as roll off slightly to bring grip back in more gradually (relative to suddenly).

odd cooincidence - I J-U-S-T nearly high-sided on my ZX-10R sportbike last night, on a tight but high speed left hander - I suddenly started to loose the rear [even jabbed my foot down to mr. pavement, motor-cross style] and brought it back somehow [can't say that I was a genius of riding skills or just got lucky, it happended so fast that when I replayed it in my mind I couldn't say what I did]. Finished the set of twisties I was on and pulled over to let the adreleline settle down
Old 09-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #10
84 GRANDSPORT

84 GRANDSPORT deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.84 GRANDSPORT deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.84 GRANDSPORT deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.84 GRANDSPORT deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.84 GRANDSPORT deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.84 GRANDSPORT deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.