CorvetteValley.com  

Go Back   CorvetteValley.com > COMMUNITY
> Valley's Grapevine Lounge

Old 07-30-2017, 01:29 AM   #1
mqqn
Jack Daniels Inventory Reduction Team Lead

mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.
Might be selling my Z...

Sad - but Maggie and I are looking at land in Tennessee, something to build on to retire to.

When I filled up the Z a couple weeks ago, I notice in my fuel log (yea, I'm a stats geek), the last time I fueled up was Nov 11 of last year.

I have a fellow at work that has 1st gen Camaros, and he is wanting my car pretty bad.

There are only two other C5 Zs available in the area, and both are asking over 20k.

I am thinking 17,500 for mine - even though I have a lot of top-line mods.

Sad to think about, but we will still have Maggie's 99 coupe with all the bells and whistles....

Anyway - wanted to share with my only REAL Corvette friends.

Bright side, I really like the idea of a mid-engine Corvette, based on the spy pictures coming around; maybe that will be my retirement present.....

best

mqqn

mqqn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
vette boy
Valley's White Goose and PeePee Checker

vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.vette boy is just one cool mother to hang out with.
Your "Thinking price " isn't bad .Fortunately there would be one vett in the garage .
vette boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:48 PM   #3
Speedie
Gold Valley Supporting Member

Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Speedie deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Hi Andy -

While it's sad to think of you letting your Z06 go, your thought process is logical & practical. I wish you the best with your retirement plans.

I'm in the same boat - planning to retire and move to Va next year, and letting my Vette go would expedite the plan. However, every time I get ready to pull the trigger, my heart gets in the way.

Take care,
Susan
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:22 AM   #4
Stingraykev
Shade Tree Mechanic

Stingraykev is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Stingraykev is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Stingraykev is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Stingraykev is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Stingraykev is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.Stingraykev is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.
Hi Andy, your love for Vettes will always go on, time stands still for no man..... Best of luck in your ventures.......

Kev...

SAVE THE WAVE

<a href=http://www.corvettevalley.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=219&dateline=1357307628 target=_blank>http://www.corvettevalley.com/image....ine=1357307628</a>

"For the good old American life: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money."
!!!
Stingraykev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #5
mqqn

mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.mqqn is someone that you should look up to and be proud of.
Thanks, Friends.

I got the Z all detailed up last night - man that is a nice car. ;^)

I will swap the oil fill cap that Didier (Burner) gifted me when he was in my town - that'll go on Maggies coupe.

Once we get moved to Tennessee, then, if we decided, could look at a new mid-engine car once they come out. Silver lining and all....

best

mqqn

Old 08-01-2017, 04:24 PM   #6
Sarge
Winemaster's Club Supporting Member

Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.Sarge deserves a bunch of mods for their corvette for free.
Be hard to let it go but been there and done that. Retiring Jan. 1.

Wish you the best Andy.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #7
mqqn

The guy looked at the car and drove it.

Said "it's all you said it was!" - he was very enthusiastic.

He then told me he is going on vacation for two weeks and would get back to me.

That may have been a mistake - it sure was a beautiful morning driving that freshly detailed Z into work....

best

mqqn