CorvetteValley.com

CorvetteValley.com (http://www.corvettevalley.com/index.php)
-   Valley's Grapevine Lounge
(http://www.corvettevalley.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   The future of the Valley (http://www.corvettevalley.com/showthread.php?t=21263)

vette boy 08-27-2017 10:57 PM

The future of the Valley

Parrot started this forum more than 10 years ago. He has paid the tab for all of us and I'm sure we all are grateful.The problem is that his heart hasn't been in it .Because of antiquated programs, new members are blocked and we can't grow. Every time the site goes down we all feel that that's the end of the Valley.

With no disrespect, Andy tried to contact Parrot and see if he could obtain ownership and bring the forum back to life. Parrot never replied but did turn the lights back on. Andy would also be willing to up a new forum similar to the Valley. I've offered my help in anyway he'd like. I do have a few Corvette fans who would like to participate if the forum was open. I'm sure we all know one or two people with interest.

Do we have any thoughts?

KOPBET 08-27-2017 11:22 PM

I'm not rich like Mr. Martin but I'm always good for a sawbuck or two.

Stingraykev 08-28-2017 01:58 AM

I'm willing to give up a winter vacation, but in the same breath not to disrespect Marc and the Valley.....for the last ten or so years....and I for one have a few different forums that I visit....I just like all my friends here at the Valley....most of whom I know.....

So party on Dude's....

vette boy 08-28-2017 01:06 PM

It's not a money issue as Andy has it covered and I'll pick up anything that I can provide .I'd just like to see the group of friends stay together and expand gracefully .I'd like Kevin to be able to post nude photos of his third wife .

We could even get into Corvette discussions .

JonM 08-28-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOPBET (Post 294395)
I'm not rich like Mr. Martin but I'm always good for a sawbuck or two.

If Kevin and GT gave up half of their alcohol consumption and donated that money, we could buy Google and maybe half of Microsoft. :thumb:

mqqn 08-28-2017 03:26 PM

It would not be a money issue, at least not initially and not at the level of membership we would have during a startup / move.

All I would need is to host a new domain on my server ($10 a year) - and I got that covered.

I already pay for unlimited bandwidth and hosting, so that is not an issue - initially -

If we wanted to use Vbulletin software, we could just start from scratch as the valley is on such an old release it is not advisable, while technically feasible, to upgrade through all the versions to get to the newest release.

We could also look at other software that is available for forums.

We'll need Marc's blessing to rehost under the CV name, as he is the owner of the domain (which is what expired recently) and the owner of the license for Vbulletin.

A hoist of the glass to Marc for paying up the domain registration and keeping the server running all of these years!

best

mqqn

Trophy Blue 08-28-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqqn (Post 294399)
It would not be a money issue, at least not initially and not at the level of membership we would have during a startup / move.

All I would need is to host a new domain on my server ($10 a year) - and I got that covered.

I already pay for unlimited bandwidth and hosting, so that is not an issue - initially -

If we wanted to use Vbulletin software, we could just start from scratch as the valley is on such an old release it is not advisable, while technically feasible, to upgrade through all the versions to get to the newest release.

We'll need Marc's blessing to rehost under the CV name, as he is the owner of the domain (which is what expired recently) and the owner of the license for Vbulletin.

A hoist of the glass to Marc for paying up the domain registration and keeping the server running all of these years!

best

mqqn

Tell him to get off of his butt and do it. Plus, give GT his battery charger back.

6 Shooter 08-28-2017 10:52 PM

:toetap

vette boy 08-29-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqqn (Post 294399)

best

mqqn

I'm technologically challenged so I'm happy if it works .Now in the case of GT he's had a new cell phone for 6 months and can't turn on the ringer .:bang:

Speedie 08-30-2017 01:36 AM

Y'all were my friends when my life was pretty crappy. You helped me more than you will ever know.

Whatever I can do to help, I will.