PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Bidding to pay for a new Z06 at MSRP?

Parrot Z51
09-22-2006, 03:02 AM
It appears you can get a new Z06 at MSRP!!!!!!!

But you have to bid for it though? :wtf:

So if you are the winning bidder at 10,000 dollars you get the car at MSRP but pay 10,000 additional because you won the bid to pay at MSRP?

Is this the right way to offer a Z06 at MSRP???????

Is my thinking that this is a load of $hit an accurate? Or am I missing something here???????

Click me for the auction!!!!!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Order-Your-Z06-For-MSRP_W0QQitemZ200028995593QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6168Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

:wtf:

WhiTe SharK
09-22-2006, 03:28 AM
no the total amount about 86k for msrp but if u want this option u need to pay 10k now and when u take the car u pay 76 its like breorder

Parrot Z51
09-22-2006, 10:43 AM
no the total amount about 86k for msrp but if u want this option u need to pay 10k now and when u take the car u pay 76 its like breorder
Okay, then how come there is a reserve on the auction??????

If this is indeed a pre-order and pretty much merely an advertisement to sell the car at MSRP then how come the current high bidder would not get the car if the bidding ended right now?????

:huh:

9T8Vette
09-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Okay, then how come there is a reserve on the auction??????

If this is indeed a pre-order and pretty much merely an advertisement to sell the car at MSRP then how come the current high bidder would not get the car if the bidding ended right now?????

Good ? i was wandering how that worked as well :huh:

Parrot Z51
09-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Good ? i was wandering how that worked as well :huh:
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. I mean IF it is a preorder then wouldn't it be one of these "Buy Me Now" auctions rather than a bid? Bidding to me means they are fishing for the highest price. Sounds like you are bidding to get the opportunity to purchase the car at MSRP. Again, yes you get the car at MSRP, but you may be paying for the right to get it at that price.

Anyone interested in a car at MSRP? Well pick up the phone and give the dealer a call without bidding and see what happens. It is my guess they would tell you to bid in the auction. My guess is based on the fact that there is a reserve price on the auction.

:lame:

9T8Vette
09-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. I mean IF it is a preorder then wouldn't it be one of these "Buy Me Now" auctions rather than a bid? Bidding to me means they are fishing for the highest price. Sounds like you are bidding to get the opportunity to purchase the car at MSRP. Again, yes you get the car at MSRP, but you may be paying for the right to get it at that price.

Anyone interested in a car at MSRP? Well pick up the phone and give the dealer a call without bidding and see what happens. It is my guess they would tell you to bid in the auction. My guess is based on the fact that there is a reserve price on the auction.

:lame: You might be right there .Buying the right to purchase a Z06 at MSRP :wow: :wtf:

Parrot Z51
09-22-2006, 12:02 PM
You might be right there .Buying the right to purchase a Z06 at MSRP :wow: :wtf:
Well rather than speculating, an email was sent to them asking them what the deal is.

If it is indeed payment for getting the car at MSRP then this is a :bs: auction if you ask me. This to me sounds like you are bidding on the "dealer markup," hence why there is a reserve price on the auction. :bs:

We will see what happens!
:cheers:

Parrot Z51
09-22-2006, 02:51 PM
A simple question was asked of this dealer wondering what the actual bidding was for. It specifically asked if the bid amount was in addition to the MSRP price of the car. The question was simple and uncomplicated. I XXXX'ed out the name because I am not convinced this group is worthy to be advertised here on the Valley directly on the forum.

A reply came back:

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.

Founded in 1847, XXXX Auto Group is the oldest transportation company in the nation. We do things a little differently than other dealerships; we focus on the best price for all of our customers all of the time.

We also respect the personal time of our clients and focus on presenting a "buying service" rather than a "shopping service."

The Internet Business Center for XXXX Auto Group will handle all of your needs including providing super-value pricing that is not offered to the general public.

Please call me toll-free at 1-888-XXX-XXXX or provide me with the best number to reach you, so that I may assist you further.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to earn your business and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

:wtf:

Why do we need to speak with them????? We asked a simple question and a simple answer is all that is needed. I really think this auction is really suspect.

This was the reply to that email:

Hello!

My time is important to me as well hence why I use email. I asked a simple question about the auction on ebay. You say you are focusing on a "buying "service while than a "shopping" service, yet you have an auction on ebay. People on ebay are certainly "shopping"

IF I can get that car at MSRP then perhaps we can talk. A phone call is not indicated at this time. I want to know if this auction is about bidding on the right to purchase the car at MSRP. If it is then let me know so I can move on. Thank you.

Parrot Z51
09-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Did you read this part?????

The VIN # that I used in this auction is just for auction purposes only! Just so you can go over the features and options that come with a 1LZ pkg. I can fax you over all the options that come with the 1LZ and 2LZ option packages. Remember, you are not bidding on the car, all you have to do is call me and I'll order you want you want! Good luck to all! Order your dream car the way you want!

If you aren't bidding on the car and on the proper VIN, then what are you bidding on then???????

This suggests you can forget the bid, call him up on the phone, tell him what you want and you get the Z06 at MSRP, right??????

In the meantime, an email was received saying that our request has been forward to the person performing the auction. Let's see if our questions get answered.

MEGALADON
09-22-2006, 06:35 PM
WOW it has a smart card with key, I wonder if it comes with the dual core processor :lol:

WhiTe SharK
09-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Did you read this part?????

The VIN # that I used in this auction is just for auction purposes only! Just so you can go over the features and options that come with a 1LZ pkg. I can fax you over all the options that come with the 1LZ and 2LZ option packages. Remember, you are not bidding on the car, all you have to do is call me and I'll order you want you want! Good luck to all! Order your dream car the way you want!

If you aren't bidding on the car and on the proper VIN, then what are you bidding on then???????

This suggests you can forget the bid, call him up on the phone, tell him what you want and you get the Z06 at MSRP, right??????

In the meantime, an email was received saying that our request has been forward to the person performing the auction. Let's see if our questions get answered.
uhmmm nope didnt see that quote i think he's drunk

Parrot Z51
09-23-2006, 03:30 AM
uhmmm nope didnt see that quote i think he's drunk
Bid is now up to $14,100!!!!!!!

I still want to know :wtf: are you actually bidding on? I think I know the answer but was hoping to get confirmation from the seller.

Even at the current bid the reserve is NOT met!!!!!!!!!!

:bs:

Plastic Pig
09-23-2006, 03:51 AM
Order Your Z06 For MSRP!!
ORDER YOUR VERY OWN DREAM MACHINE!!
Greetings from XXXXChevrolet, XXXX largest Chevrolet volume dealer! My name is XXXX XXXX sales consultant and ebay manager, and I will tell you that you do not want to pass this up!! WHY PAY MORE THEN STICKER!? With me, you will only pay the MSRP from the factory! We have at least 5 allocations for the begining of next year. Celebrate the birth of the New Year with a fire breathing, ashault eating machine! If you are looking for one of these Z06's, wait and save when you order one from me! First come, first serve! All that will be needed to place the order is a non-refundable $1000.00 deposit. There is no catch! No hidden fee's! Just $125 doc. fee and $1.25 tire tax. If you pick it up in this state, you will be required to pay the state tax. If you opt. for a museum delivery, you only pay the sales tax of your state! Please call me for all the information at XXXXXXXXXXXX or email me! The VIN # that I used in this auction is just for auction purposes only! Just so you can go over the features and options that come with a 1LZ pkg. I can fax you over all the options that come with the 1LZ and 2LZ option packages. Remember, you are not bidding on the car, all you have to do is call me and I'll order you want you want! Good luck to all! Order your dream car the way you want!

He using the ad to advertise his 5 allocations that you can buy at MSRP. Says it clear as day that you are not bidding on a car. I don't see how it could be so confusing.

The response you got was a generic auto response that is generated whenever an internet inquiry is made.. Maybe the guy was off today and couldn't get back to you. They should have someone else checking it so as not to lose a sale but sometimes ---- happens.

EDIT: Statement here has resulted in this serious thread going South

MSRP is quickly becoming the norm on Z06's as supply is catching up with demand. There are 3 within 50 miles of me that I can buy for MSRP.

Parrot Z51
09-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Order Your Z06 For MSRP!!.........
The response you got was a generic auto response that is generated whenever an internet inquiry is made.. Maybe the guy was off today and couldn't get back to you. They should have someone else checking it so as not to lose a sale but sometimes ---- happens.

EDIT!!!!!!

MSRP is quickly becoming the norm on Z06's as supply is catching up with demand. There are 3 within 50 miles of me that I can buy for MSRP.
Must you yell??????? :lol:

I know what the ad said. And if it is an ad, then why is there a committment to purchase a vehicle. It says if you don't buy the car then you will be given negative feedback. That doesn't seem very nice does it for just an ad does it???????

Also, the responses were not computer generated by the way. I like how the email says they are a buying business and not a shopping business but they list themselves on ebay? People "shop" on ebay.

The "ad" appears to not say much about itself.

I also think this topic is more interesting than Matt Damon going off on a T.V. show! :lol:

nyernga
09-23-2006, 02:39 PM
EDIT!!!!!

Heaven help me but I agree with parrot on this one. It remains unanswered still, what happens to the money the winning bidder pays out. Is it deducted from the MRSP? And while it may be true about supply catching up with demand, It would be nice if the ad wasn't so vague. As for the OCD? You mean the "largest volume chevrolet dealer" only has ONE internet rep? I smell a fish on this one.:wtf:

c6d
09-23-2006, 03:40 PM
EDIT!!!!
EDIT!!!!!!!
...MSRP is quickly becoming the norm on Z06's as supply is catching up with demand. There are 3 within 50 miles of me that I can buy for MSRP.

Really... :wtf: There are ZERO MSRP Z06's on eBay and not one dealer in CA, OR, WA, NV, NM, AZ, UT, NJ, NY, MI, OH, FLA, I've checked with has sold me a Z06 at MSRP YET.

Name your dealers. I'll fly in and drive home.

MuskRat
09-23-2006, 04:33 PM
EDIT!!!!!

:lame:
i do ebay a lot and know very well about the potential for scams. i think this is a good thread. i would call bs if the thread starter was putting drivel about this dealer without making an attempt to contacting them about the ad. that did not appear to happen. and so far no good results there.
--------------------------------
on another note i participate on another forum like you do and there was a huge problem with one of their vendors about selling at msrp awhile back. many many folks lost out because of this dealer and the dealer was less than forthcoming. in fact one of my fellow club members got f'ed by them on their so called list. fortunately that dealer is no longer welcome on that other website. considering all the crap that goes on with ebay and with dealerships out there there is nothing wrong with bringing this information out and checking it. with that said the ad is indeed very vague and certainly can raise a lot of questions. thanks birdboy for looking into this. this is one of your good threads. it is about time you had one. jk :lol:
------------------------------------

Plastic Pig
09-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Z06 Parrot

The first reply was an auto responder as I received the same thing. 15 minutes later I received a personal reply. Stating this.

Yes you are correct. NO ONE should be bidding if they read the description. I will order whatever any person wants. I only charge MSRP plus tax and $1.25 tire tax. Call me for info.
Thanks,
Damon

Thank you for realizing I was just busting your chops in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nyernga

Nothing will happen to the money. The ad clearly states that you are not buying a car. He is just notifying you he has 5 allocations available at MSRP. The auction is nothing more than a $50 ad with worldwide exposure. Pretty common on Ebay these days.

Do you realize how many emails a dealer gets per day ? If the lot is busy the emails are the last to get attention hence the autoresponder. The customer on the lot always gets attended to first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Musk Rat

I think its lame to assume that somebody is out to screw you and post about it with no facts other than assumptions then watch the people pile on.

The all dealers are scumbags slant of these car forums is ridiculous. Are there bad dealers out there ? Absolutely. Does this mean they are they all bad ? NO.

The deal on the corvetteforum is that Maxie Price took deposits on cars at sticker and then put people willing to pay over sticker ahead of them in the order line. They were banned from the forum, and the dealer lost tons of business as they should.

Maxie Price has been a scumbag dealership from day one. I told the people on the forum that from the get go so it was no surprise to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just spent ten minutes on the phone with Damon. Very nice guy. The cars are MSRP plus $125 doc and $5 tire charge and nothing more. He has two allocations left. They will be in the dealership within the next six months.

A simple phone call was all it took. Now you will have to start a new dealer bashing thread.

Parrot Z51
09-23-2006, 10:18 PM
:sucks:

:wave:

This thread is marked for clean-up.

Parrot Z51
09-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Thank you for the update Duntov-097.

We too also received confirmation that you do NOT have to bid on ebay to receive this pricing.

In closing, this thread was not about slinging mud at each other or debate about fraud dealers. It was about understanding the ad and getting the facts which were done.

Since this thread really serves no purpose except to bash other members it is now done. The ad was confusing and many questioned it. This thread was cleaned up and put back for informational purposes only. Now that it is cleared up this thread is over.
:cheers: